The Problem of Defective Product Injuries
A product is defective if the design is dangerous, it was defectively made, or the consumer was not adequately informed of the risks of using the product.
Such injuries can occur almost without warning, due to a tire that explodes while being driven, cookware that shatters during use, or a toy that presents a choking hazard to children. In a world full of manufactured products, the situations in which product defects can cause injury are plentiful.
At Weisfuse & Weisfuse, LLP, our New York City defective product attorneys have years of experience in representing clients with product defect injury claims. For a free consultation with a lawyer who understands what you're going through, contact us in Manhattan at 212-983-3000.
Design Defect? Manufacturing Defect? Transforming Suspicion Into Proof
Product defect cases are very technical and require extensive research and perseverance to prove. Nevertheless, they can be won. Those who file defective product lawsuits have an opportunity to pursue damages for their injuries.
At Weisfuse & Weisfuse, LLP, we utilize product engineers in our evidence gathering to:
- Carefully analyze the product
- Reconstruct the accident
- Prove that the product was dangerous
- Prove it would have been feasible to make the product safe
We keep our clients apprised of developments at every stage of litigation and strive to create effective legal strategies to maximize our clients' recoveries.
Weisfuse & Weisfuse, LLP — Effective Manhattan Product Liability Attorneys
Here are some examples of recent defective product cases in which our lawyers successfully represented the interests of a client:
- Wrongful death. We successfully represented the estate of a young child who was killed when a dresser fell on him. We proved that the design was dangerous since it would topple over when the top two drawers were pulled out at the same time when full of clothes.
- Severe burns. We represented a young girl who was severely burned when her young friend used paint thinner to start a fire. The fire entered the paint thinner container and shot out from it. We presented evidence showing that paint thinners are frequently used to start fires, the container did not have a flame retarder, which would have prevented the fire from shooting out of the container, and the warnings on the label were not adequate. We also successfully represented a man who was burned while lighting an unsafe hot water heater. We also successfully represented an electrician who was burned to death as a result of a defective electrical panel.
- Cutting/crushing injuries. We successfully represented a worker who was injured while using a defective meat grinder.
- Explosions. We have represented a person who was injured as a result of an exploding tire rim.
Financial Recovery Is Possible — In New York, Let Weisfuse & Weisfuse Help
Whatever your injury, our attorneys may be able to assist you in pursuing monetary damages against a product manufacturer. But you can't find out unless you call. Call us in New York City at 212-983-3000. Our consultations are free; our advice is invaluable.